Although no one who actually lives here calls it BoCoCa, that moniker stands for a trio of adjacent neighborhoods—Boerum Hill, Cobble Hill and Carroll Gardens—filled with lovely tree-lined streets, vintage shops and landmarked brownstones. The smallest of the three, the formerly decaying Boerum Hill, is now home to movie stars and bistros. Cobble Hill continues the historic charm of its tony northern neighbor, Brooklyn Heights. And the slightly grittier Carroll Gardens, with its signature wrought-iron gated front yards, is a tight-knit community where church spires dot the landscape, the fishmonger and postman know your name, and the Christmas light displays rival Dyker Heights. Of course, like much of NYC, major gentrification has changed the area significantly over the past decade and caused the demise of many mom-and-pop shops. But for now, much of the neighborhood continues to ooze old-school Brooklyn.
Parents in particular have flocked to the area because of its many family attractions, like Carroll Park, which hosts frequent FREE family events; drop-in tot spots such as ArtsCetera and the Painted Pot; plus cute locally owned children’s boutiques and tiny offbeat museums. Local families stay connected through the super-active BoCoCa Parents Yahoo Group, and keep up on community news at Continue to read here
Share the joy
Luxury Hotels with star Rating
Visit Today : 51 Visit Yesterday : 41 This Month : 327 This Year : 2817 Total Visit : 10819 Hits Today : 262 Total Hits : 46235 Who's Online : 3Your IP Address: 22.214.171.124Server Time: 14-03-10plugins by Bali Web Design
Shopping and attractions
Top US Cities
- Cobble Hill & Carroll Gardens with Kids: Best 45 Things to Do Including Parks, Drop-in Play Spaces & Cute Children’s Shops
- Spring Break in Puerto Rico?
- Condado Beach
- Aloha Friday Photo: Bursting Sunset
- This Week: Free & Cheap Summer Camps, Best March Events for Kids in the Tri-State Area, Family Travel Ideas for Spring Break
Tag Cloud1-202-501-4444 1-888-407-4747 Africa Airline Americas Asia Australia Bed Bugs Bureau of Consular Affairs Canada Caribbean Cruises Department of State Europe Facebook Food Google guests hawaii Hotel chains Jamaica Japan Kids Mexico Middle East Morocco Municipalities of Puerto Rico Nepal New York Old San Juan Paris Political geography Puerto Rico Rico San Juan Security Solo Traveler Thanksgiving Things to Do in NYC with Kids Transport Trave travel Twitter United States USD
- Zahozoi Hakofekaduu on Dining Out in Condado: 5 Reasons to Eat at Blonda Restaurant
- Tofomumogei Jefaxii on Dining Out in Condado: 5 Reasons to Eat at Blonda Restaurant
- Kasie Bansal on Varanasi, India: “Beyond”
- Adan Gonzalez on Win free trips to Hawaii!
- Adamn on Vienna, Paris And Now Greece: Why Travelers Will Relate To ‘Before Midnight’